Saturday, December 1, 2007

Nutcracker 5k

This morning Jean and I ran the nutcracker 5k. Thats the race I mentioned earlier where everyone wears tu-tus. When I woke up this morning, I looked outside and this is what I saw! YIKES!

Jean and I figured that it would be fun to run in the snow, plus I really wanted to run a race in a tu-tu! :) So we went for it. A couple of things bugged me about this race. First of all, they don't have any mile markers at all. I never knew how far I had gone and how much farther I had to go! The only other rough part was the snow! It was coming down the entire time and we were running in slush! The course was also kinda hilly so it felt like I was going REALLY slow. However, Jean decided that she wanted to run with me even though she is WAY faster. So, with Jean cheering me on I was still able to finish at a little quicker than an 11 minute pace. I was pretty happy with that considering the conditions. :)


After the race Jean and I had to hurry because we were throwing a bridal shower for our friend Amber in less than 2 hours. By the time we got the balloons and everything we had less than an hour to get ready and set up! I'd say the shower was a success. Next up, bachellorette party! Jean and I have quite a few exciting things up our sleeves! :)


The rest of the day was full of sports, BYU football beat San Diego State. And now, I'm watching BYU basketball against Portland! We're winning! What a day......

1 comment:

Mrs. Olsen said...

What a fun day! I wish I could have run that race!!!! Just so you know, it was in the 60s here today... :)