Friday, November 20, 2009

Here Comes the Bride....

Tomorrow is a very very special day. Six years ago tomorrow I was my sister's maid of honor. Tomorrow I have the privilege of being a bridesmaid for one of my best friends:) Looking back, at the tender age of 16 I was a less than satisfactory maid of honor (lets just say its a good thing that I'm the younger sister. When Rachel is my maid of honor she will not have the excuse that she had no idea that a maid of honor had duties of any kind). To make up for my below par bridesmaid past I intend to be prepared it every way for whatever may make Jean's wedding day the best it can be tomorrow. First of all I will be waking up around 445 (in 5 1/2 hours) so that I can be all ready and get to Jean's new apartment by 6am- yes, in the morning. Then as Amber is doing Jean's hair, I thought it would be nice if I made everyone breakfast (I am constantly hearing stories about starving brides). Jean needs to be at the Draper temple by 930- its about 45 minutes away (wow we're spoiled! There are two temples even closer to us than that one!) Since I can't go to the actual wedding I was thinking I'd stop at the grocery store on the way and get some sort of easy to eat snack. Hopefully I can do a really good job tomorrow and everything will go really well! I'm so excited for Jean and happy that she found such a super guy to marry!
Last weekend Amber and I threw Jean's bachelorette party. As you may or may not know I LOVE making unique cakes. Its one of the funnest things I can think of. Here is a picture of the cake I made for the bachelorette party. It was a huge hit. The girls saw it one at a time and the facial expressions were priceless. When Jean saw it she actually screamed....and although it came with some threats we were able to get a funny little picture (which I don't have) of Jean posing with this thing on her- like those bikini t-shirts. priceless.

5 comments:

Jessica Leigh said...

I love your guts, ya know? I hope that when I get married you're around and can contribute to the shower . . . haha . . . remember the stuff we got Steph? Going in with a bunch of married girls . . .

Have fun with the wedding stuff! Tell Jean Congrats from me!

Derek and Kelli Hill said...

oh my gosh that cake is amazing! will you teach me your skills?

Mrs. Olsen said...

The cake looks great! And don't worry, I will allow you to make up for your lack of maid of honor duties at any time. I always accept cakes, parties, etc. even if it has been 6 years. ;)

Chelsie said...

I love you too Jess. I am so grateful you helped me get that job interview! Thanks!
Kelli- We need to have some sort of welcoming party for your baby. I would love to be the cake maker for that!
Rach- thanks for allowing me a way to repent. I'll keep that in mind:)

j&bH said...

chels...first of all it was lovely to hear your voice over the phone the other day. :)
secondly, you are going to be great! if you have put that much time into thinking about it...there's not much else you can do. :)
p.s. love the cake!